Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What graphics card will suit this machine best?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

I am about to buy a new machine because my old one died and it's basically too much of a hassle to fix lol. The machine has an I7 6700 3.4GHZ processor with 16GB of DDR 4 ram and the motherboard is an ASUS ASUS H110M-R. The machine i also want lacks an HDMI port would you believe, so that's why i needed to enquire lol. I do have a graphics card from my old Lenovo H50-55, but i have no idea what the make of it is and i can't find it online. I also think the PSU is 250. Thanks.

Edited by Miguel_92, 25 March 2017 - 01:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

The machine has an I7 6700 3.4GHZ processor with 16GB of DDR 4 ram and the motherboard is an ASUS ASUS H110M-R. The machine i also want lacks an HDMI port would you believe.

That motherboard does have an HDMI port (as well as VGA and DVI) which you can check by looking at the manual here.  The CPU has built in HD 530 graphics.  Therefore if you just want basic graphics, you don't need a graphics card.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

The machine has an I7 6700 3.4GHZ processor with 16GB of DDR 4 ram and the motherboard is an ASUS ASUS H110M-R. The machine i also want lacks an HDMI port would you believe.

That motherboard does have an HDMI port (as well as VGA and DVI) which you can check by looking at the manual here.  The CPU has built in HD 530 graphics.  Therefore if you just want basic graphics, you don't need a graphics card.

According to someone on Amazon who has the machine, he claimed it didn't possess one and he had to buy his own lol. I've seen the pictures of the back of the PC and it only has VGA and DVI it seems, unless they have put the wrong image on the sites i have visited. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoostorm-Evolve-7240-0207-Intel%C2%AE-GRAPH/dp/B01MAXV53K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490464403&sr=8-1&keywords=zoostorm+i7

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Well if the other fella is correct and it does use an Asus H110M-R motherboard, then it does have an HDMI port.  It is part of the motherboard and can't be removed.  If Zoostorm just use whatever's cheap at the time, then who knows...  However, you would be within your rights to return the item at no cost if it turned up without an HDMI port, because it is clearly listed in the product description, and it would be "not as described".

If you did need a graphics card almost any low end card would do.  A Radeon R7-240 is fairly recent, doesn't use much power (30w), and performs about equally to the HD 530.  It would cost about £50.  Anything much more than that would need a PSU upgrade.

Edited by jonuk76, 25 March 2017 - 02:32 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Well if the other fella is correct and it does use an Asus H110M-R motherboard, then it does have an HDMI port.  It is part of the motherboard and can't be removed.  If Zoostorm just use whatever's cheap at the time, then who knows...  However, you would be within your rights to return the item at no cost if it turned up without an HDMI port, because it is clearly listed in the product description, and it would be "not as described".

It makes no sense to me either, because on every website that it's listed on it claims that it has 1 HDMI port and judging by the pictures it doesn't have one at all lol. Overall, do you think the machine is good? Minus the obvious lie regarding the HDMI port lol. https://www.lambda-tek.com/shop/?region=GB&prodID=B4251610 says it has one there too lol.

Edited by Miguel_92, 25 March 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Well it's an i7 with 16 Gb and 3 Tb drive.  It will handle most things you might want to do with it except gaming.  What do you want to do with it?  It's definitely is not a gaming machine.  Could probably run older games on reduced graphics settings.

For me, nice to haves would be a better PSU (assuming it's a 250w one as specified), and an SSD.

7sbvuf-6.png

#7 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

I'd like to play older games like left for dead and GTA games to be honest, but my old Lenovo h50-55 handled those games very easily and it had a graphics card in it lol. The HDD is very low too, but i do have a HDD with a better speed and it's 1TB smaller. My last machine also had an AMD 10 with 12GB of RAM.

Edited by hamluis, 27 March 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#8 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Shouldn't be a problem then, the AMD A10's don't have particularly powerful graphics processors either (about equal to the i7's HD-530 graphics), and the i7 CPU performance is much higher than any A10.

I think you'd get more for your money with a self build if that was possible (for example, you could get a better PSU, and a mid range GPU (like an AMD RX 460) in the system for about the same money as the Zoostorm.  An RX 460 is a lot more powerful (about 4x faster) than the Intel HD graphics. 

Edited by hamluis, 27 March 2017 - 09:17 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#9 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the quick responses and i am good with the software side of computers, but when it comes to upgrading parts of a machine i have zero idea as how it works correctly lol. So that machine i want would be basically fine for old old games like left for dead and GTA 3 to San Andreas? Because i recall them having really, really low system requirements to run. But i assume i would also need a better power supply to install a decent graphics card into that Zoostorm one as well then? Sorry for thee questions lol, like i said i am quite the amateur with the upgrading side of computers.

Edited by hamluis, 27 March 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#10 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,137 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Yes I think that's about right. If you like, you could say the graphics performance is about equal to something that would have been fairly high end 8 or 9 years ago.  And yes, to fit a significantly better graphics card, it would need a new PSU. 250w doesn't allow for many options.

Have you considered other suppliers?  This is not a personal recommendation so I can't vouch for them but companies like Gladiator PC (I believe they are part of Aria who I have dealt with, and seem OK) will do custom configured systems for what looks like sensible prices.  For example, the low end system can be upgraded with an i5 or i7 and there are different graphics options..  There's others of course, I've never really had dealings with system builders.

7sbvuf-6.png

#11 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Seems i'll need to keep on looking, because i think £750 is far too expensive for a machine that doesn't even have a HDMI port and the fact it doesn't have a decent power supply is a bit of a joke. Because if i did upgrade the Zoostorm one, it would need a brand new power supply and a decent graphics card it seems. If i bought a new power supply, would i need to upgrade the motherboard too or am i overthinking this? lol.

Edited by Miguel_92, 26 March 2017 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users