I borrowed a laptop from someone, and i want to remove my browsing history from a website that i use, and any information related to the particular site, because there are certain things i do not want to be seen by anyone. To cut a long story short, i previously done work as an escort and i used a particular site to advertise, and i do not want any of this information showing on the P C , or any of the browsing history etc,
Depending on the browser you are using, these steps might be named differently:
1. Start your laptop
2. Open you browser (Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)
3. Find somewhere on the upper side of the screen 'History' and open it.
4. Find somewhere either 'Show full history' or 'Delete history'. If you don't find it, check in 'Settings/Options' instead. It will be
5. When the screen about clearing your history opens up, mark everything
and click on 'Delete/Clean'
6. Close your browser
7. Download CCleaner from here
- it is a quick cleaning tool
8. Install CCleaner
9. Open CCleaner
10. Run CCleaner
11. After you've quickly run & cleaned the computer with CCleaner, uninstall CCleaner from the Start menu
12. Open your browser again
13. Delete your whole history again just to be sure
14. Close your browser
15. Restart your laptop
16. Congratulations, the laptop is now clean of any evidence and history, which can't be found by anybody else, but a professional, which means that the person from which you've borrowed the laptop won't be able to find anything, even if he tried to!
17. That's it!
P.S. Bear in mind that this will delete every bit of history and searches, and browsing you have done on the Internet. It will also delete all paswords as well
, so make sure to keep this in mind!
Edited by Just_One_Question, 25 March 2017 - 08:58 PM.