Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Regular daily BSOD

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Schindler414

Schindler414

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

Hey,

I've been having for a few days now random BSOD mostly showing Memory Management error (but not only, sometimes I get BSOD with different errors..).

These occur randomly while I surf, use Media Player and even sometimes just when I startup\shutdown my windows. Oddly enough, it hasn't happened when I played resource consuming games.

I've updated windows, ran complete anti-virus\malware scan, run chkdsk, tried to scan for faulty logs, ran an extended windows memory diagnostic test.... all came up with nothing - and the problem persists.

I ran a sfc check and it said it found a couple of errors, but it couldn't fix them. Although when I ran it today it showed that there are no errors. weird.

Ever since the BSODs started I've been having other issues such as IASstoricon.exe error on startup, google drive isn't starting and what not.

Here's my Setup (it's one year old, didn't change anything):

Windows 7 Ult 64bit
Intel i5 6600k
8 Gb Ram ddr4
Geforce 970gtx

H170m-d3h motherboard

650w PSU 

I've Attached the Sysnative check and the sfc check log - maybe it'll help.

Thank you!

El

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Greetings,

Unfortunately, this appears to be a pirated version of Windows. BleepingComputer's forum rules prohibit me from helping you further:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

If you would like help, please purchase a legitimate copy of Windows for your computer and run the Sysnative File Collection App again.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 31 March 2017 - 02:15 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Schindler414

Schindler414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I've uninstalled the Windows 7 and installed Windows 10 using the media creation tool. I haven't gotten around to activating it - but technically it's a legitimate copy.

Will you be able to help now?

El

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Yes, of course. :) Please run the Sysnative File Collection App again, since you have changed your operating system.

Regards,

bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Schindler414

Schindler414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

Wow, that was fast!

Sfc detected corrupted files again but it can't fix them (Sfcfix crashes when I ran it afterwards...)

Thank you again :)

Attached Files

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

I am quite certain these BSODs are related to hardware, especially with the differing bugchecks. Also, the fact that SFC is finding corruptions on a fresh install makes me wonder about the health of the drive. Anyway, please start with these free hardware diagnostics. Run ALL the tests, not neglecting the RAM and HDD tests.

Regards,
bwv848

#7 Schindler414

Schindler414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Ok - My USB just died on me so I'll buy CDs for these tests tomorrow and post the results here.

Now when I think of it - the PC crashed again and again when I tried to install Geforce driver on my SSD repeatedly - but when I installed the driver on my HDD it went smooth....

Guess we'll know more after I ran the tests.

Yours,

El

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the update, El. :thumbup2:

Regards,

bwv848

#9 Schindler414

Schindler414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

Alrighty then...

Ran Intel SSD Toolbox and Data Lifeguard Diagnostic on both my hard drives. They passed with flying colors.

Wish I could say the same for my RAM... Memtest found almost immediately over 70,000 errors. I've attached pics.

Funny how Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't find anything. I guess that means I simply need new RAM? What can be the causes of this malfunction?

Doesn't a 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM stick suppose to last more than a year?

Thanks again,

El

Attached Files

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

I'd say that you probably need new RAM, but try reseating your RAM sticks before anything else and cleaning out the slots. Then run MemTest86+ again. This is why we never trust the Windows Memory Diagnostic, it always misses errors. :wink:

Regards,

bwv848

p.s. How many RAM sticks do you have?

Edited by bwv848, 05 April 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#11 Schindler414

Schindler414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

Just one. It's a Corsair 8Gb DDR4 2400Mhz

I opened up the case, cleaned it and switched the RAM to a different slot (slot 3 instead of 1). Memtest found errors all the same.

Thank you for all the help - feels great to finally know what's wrong.

Yours,

El

P.S

can it do harm to other components if I keep using the PC just until I get in touch with the retailer?

Edited by Schindler414, 05 April 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

Hi, El!

I'm not sure whether if a bad RAM stick can damage your computer. My best guess is that it could harm your motherboard, but I'm not sure at all. I'll ask my knowledgable friend and see what he thinks — I'm curious too. Anyway, you should really give Corsair a hard time and force them to replace your RAM stick. :thumbup2:

Regards,
bwv848

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hi, El!

I've talked to my friend and here's what I've gathered. It'd be best not to use your computer with a faulty RAM module for mainly two reasons. First, it could cause imbalance in another component on the motherboard, and second, it could also cause overheating and subsequently damage other components. Further, bad RAM could potentially cause significant data corruption, which is a very large risk to take.

Have a great weekend.

Regards . . .

bwv848

#14 Schindler414

Schindler414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:48 AM

Hey again!

Sorry for the late update, didn't want to run my PC until I got a new working RAM installed.

Anyways, I went to the retailer and he switched the RAM without problem, even gave me a slightly better RAM with better CL. Went home, ran memtest - all clear :)

Thank you so much - and to all of you who are reading this thread: don't trust windows memory diagnostic!

Yours,

El

#15 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

You're quite welcome, El.

Regards,

bwv848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users