Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer pointer keeps flashing like it is trying to find something

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dragonson

dragonson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

This happens when I startup my computer and sometimes stops by itself, but more often than not, it doesn't stop and I just have to work around it.  This problem can cause password problems by not allowing me to type them in before deleting all but the last character, I cannot use drop down menus, and if a program is in small window mode(not maximized), the edges will flash like a strobe light.

(It was suggested in the other forum I posted in to post here as well)

I tried the clean boot suggestion, and now the task manager is starting up in a 100% disk usage when before it was starting at around 15%.  Also, the program that is causing the flashing pointer/window edges/no drop down menus is a HP program; my laptop is a HP, and there are 5 programs in the uninstall list that are HP programs, as I do not want to uninstall the wrong one, I have chosen to just leave it disabled at this time.

GT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonathandeepakg

jonathandeepakg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

I have the same problem too ... Can you please help us .. feel  there is some virus or malware which got installed .I see many pop up if I open up a new tab.Please help us out.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

I have the same problem too ... Can you please help us .. feel  there is some virus or malware which got installed .I see many pop up if I open up a new tab.Please help us out.

You should open your own topic.  Even though you may believe you have the same problem there usually are enough differences that addressing both topics in on topic leads to confusion and frustration.  A new topic usually will get more attention than one which has already been addressed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

OP's issue has been replied to here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/642773/computer-pointer-keeps-spinning-like-it-is-trying-to-find-something/

To avoid confusion for everyone this topic is closed.

@jonathandeepakg: As has been suggested please start your own topic to get assistance. As each machine is different so may be the solution. While symptoms may appear to be alike. The cure may be vastly different.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users