Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Freezes and PC Crashes When Playing Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vjc810

vjc810

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Last year I bought a whole new rig, save for some fans, my 1000 watt power supply, and my hard drives. I took part in the Battlefield 1 open beta last year, and while I was playing it crashed on me. BF4 used to crash on my old rig all the time so I thought nothing of it and moved on with life. Then Overwatch, which never crashed on me, suddenly started to after a few hours of playing. More and more games started to crash after that, including Middle Earth, Shadow of Mordor and ASTRONEER. Some games like the Left 4 Dead games stutter or freeze for a split second, appearing as if it's about to crash, but it's a crap shoot whether or not they do.

One of my friends who put my PC together for me suggested furmark to stress test it, but overheating didn't seem to be the issue. The weirdest part of all this is that he sent me a program that deletes all of your graphics drivers and when I reinstalled the current ones, the problem appeared to have gone away for a short while, but resurfaced out of the blue.

What happens when I crash:

My screen freezes, the lights on my keyboard + mouse turn off, and the light on the front of my case stops flashing. Reset attempts do nothing, my fans keep spinning, only way to stop it is to cut the power.

Specs:

I saw a topic earlier that mentioned speccy, so I went ahead and ran it:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LUiGyHq4ySF32PTS23EO7Nv

Also, since there really isn't anything I NEED on my PC, I've contemplated moving all the word files I want to keep on a USB, totally wiping my bigger hard drive and just starting over with windows 10. I'm probably gonna do that anyway, but I still want to know what the real issue is here so I don't lose my mind when it crashes again. I'm pretty basic when it comes to PC knowledge, so if you guys need any more info I'll do my best to dig it up  :thumbup2: thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Louis

#3 vjc810

vjc810
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

Norton keeps marking synsative as an untrustworthy program, should I just disable it and install it?

Edited by vjc810, 24 March 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Yes please, ignore Norton's warning please... just disable it temporarily. :)

Regards,
bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 26 March 2017 - 08:45 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users