Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Repair Toolkit?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SigmaInigma

SigmaInigma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Hi, I'm new to the Bleeping Computer forums, but I have been using the site's resources for a long time now. I repair computers on a daily basis and frequently use tools like Malwarebytes, RKill, ADW, Combofix, Tweaking AIO, TDSKiller, etc. It gets a bit tedious to always ensure I have the latest versions of these softwares on my flash drive. I was wondering if there was a good toolkit out there that included many of these tools that could also keep them up to date. What do you guys recomend? What do you carry on your repair flash drive?

Edited by hamluis, 24 March 2017 - 09:18 AM.
Moved from Gen Security to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Sigmalnigma:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Forums.  I am not aware of any tool that keeps all of the anti-malware scanners and tools updated.  I prefer to download the latest copies when I am working on computers, and many of them will check for updates on their own.

I would recommend against using ComboFix, except in a dire situation and then, only under expert guidance.  Please see this link for more information on the hazards of using ComboFix. quietman7 is one of the foremost computer security gurus here at Bleeping Computer.  Personally I think it is a GOOD thing that ComboFix is not compatible with Windows 8 and 10 computers.  It is a very powerful tool and it can render a computer unbootable.  Personally, I have never asked a user to run ComboFix, and I doubt that I ever will, unless there are NO OTHER OPTIONS, and I can't see that eventuality occurring.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

I have seen a few tool kits over the years but would not recommend them. The creators of such tool kits seldom get permission or authorization from those who actually created those programs so there may be a question as to the legality.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 H@cker

H@cker

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

D7 Toolkit all the way. I was a break/fix PC repair company before switching to MSSP. Their toolkit is great. A little tweaking at first but is just like what you are wanting.

https://www.foolishit.com/

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,954 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

d7 by FoolishTech, the creator of CryptoPrevent is a multi-tool designed for automation in diagnostic, Windows repair, and certain malware removal scenarios by professional PC technicians. d7 is similar to Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool (All In One).

d7II is a rewrite of d7 which was developed for experienced computer technicians, not end users. FoolishTech advises, "the tool can be very dangerous and destructive if you dont know how to use it properly, or are inexperienced in malware removal techniques."

They are all very useful tools, especially for fixing common Windows problems such as file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall, etc caused by malware after the infection has been removed. However, the OP in this topic was looking for a toolkit containing programs like Malwarebytes, RKill, AdwCleaner, Combofix, TDSKiller, etc which is why d7 was not mentioned.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users