Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This is why you don't buy Samsung..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bish0p

Bish0p

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

I can't believe how much trouble I'm having with this TV.. Wow.. Customer support has been beyond horrible from Samsung on it as well..

Check this bleep out..lol.. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Angoid

Angoid

• Security Colleague
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

It's usually the retailer that's responsible for the support, not the manufacturer.

I don't know about the States, but if I buy a [Samsung] product (could be any manufacturer) from [Curry's PC World] (could be any retailer), then it's the retailer that is responsible for the support, not Samsung.

Here, that's the way the law works.

I know, it sucks, doesn't it?

Essentially, this means that manufacturers can disown the product once it's with the retailer.

Where did you buy it from?  Try going back to the retailer.  Sadly, you often only get service by jumping up and down about it.

FWIW we're currently having a similar issue with a Sansung washing machine damaging clothes.  When we contacted the retailer's support, we got through to a lovely lady in India who told us how to separate dark from whites, wash separately, make sure you don't wash too hot, etc.  This is because the machine is damaging clothes by ripping them up.

In fairness though, they are coming out to replace the drum.  But we had to jump up and down quite a bit first, saying that the machine is not fit for purpose.

Go back to the retailer and say that this TV is neither fir for purpose nor fit for use.

Helping a loved one through a mental health issue?  Remember ALGEE...

Assess the risk | Listen nonjudgementally | Give reassurance and info | Encourage professional help | Encourage self-help and support network

#3 Bish0p

Bish0p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:11 AM

It's usually the retailer that's responsible for the support, not the manufacturer.

I don't know about the States, but if I buy a [Samsung] product (could be any manufacturer) from [Curry's PC World] (could be any retailer), then it's the retailer that is responsible for the support, not Samsung.

Here, that's the way the law works.

I know, it sucks, doesn't it?

Essentially, this means that manufacturers can disown the product once it's with the retailer.

Where did you buy it from?  Try going back to the retailer.  Sadly, you often only get service by jumping up and down about it.

FWIW we're currently having a similar issue with a Sansung washing machine damaging clothes.  When we contacted the retailer's support, we got through to a lovely lady in India who told us how to separate dark from whites, wash separately, make sure you don't wash too hot, etc.  This is because the machine is damaging clothes by ripping them up.

In fairness though, they are coming out to replace the drum.  But we had to jump up and down quite a bit first, saying that the machine is not fit for purpose.

Go back to the retailer and say that this TV is neither fir for purpose nor fit for use.

Trying everything I can. Thank you. Will do. Your account of the incompetence though is spot on.. Samsung will run you in circles in India for years, just to make sure they never have to actually help you.. They seem to actually count on the fact that dealing with them will make you so sick.. You just give up.. They almost got me to give up.. Instead, I'm going to blow up and post this everywhere..

Edited by Bish0p, 24 March 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#4 Nouvest

Nouvest

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:01 AM

Since the Samsung mobile phone began to explode, no longer want to use Samsung products

#5 Angoid

Angoid

• Security Colleague
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

I've heard numerous times that Samsung'g support is (insert word that sounds like the Hungarian word for 'cheese')  :devil:

Helping a loved one through a mental health issue?  Remember ALGEE...

Assess the risk | Listen nonjudgementally | Give reassurance and info | Encourage professional help | Encourage self-help and support network

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Not in the US. The retailer is only responsible up until their return window for the product runs out (typically 30 days or less). After that point, it is the manufacturer who you have to deal with UNLESS you bought an extended or extra warranty from the retailer (then it depends on that extra/extended warranty's terms). And even then, most warranties are only 1 year, so after that you are on your own.

#7 Earsishi

Earsishi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

I never use Samsung products. For the Samsung note 7 exploding, I think it will lose a large number of users!

#8 LadyFitzgerald

LadyFitzgerald

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

While some Samsung products are excellent, their customer support is horrible. I have yet to communicate with a "support" rep that that had a brain.

#9 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

One could take a chance on some or more Samsung products, but maybe not smartphones.  Otherwise, the products from Samsung I've tried have been good for me.

#10 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

Sammy has a historic reputation for this; a few years ago there was a huge, international problem that they had with their plasma TVs. Thousands were failing all over the world, and it was always the same reason: failed capacitors on the power supply circuit board. They went silent on the issue for months, until a class-action lawsuit forced them to acknowledge it. I gave up and replaced the capacitors myself on the circuit board and no more problems since.

I purchase Samsung products only as a totally last resort with no other options.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users