Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP laptop won't boot up - brings up black screen instead

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GTeen0414

GTeen0414

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Hi everyone.
I have a HP Laptop that's been working fine but all of a sudden, I let my mate use it the other day and there's been an issue on boot up ever since - namely the fact that it won't boot up!
It doesn't look too promising because when I boot it up, it brings up a black screen which says 'Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3F0).'
And then there's an option for system diagnostics.
Any help with what I need to do cause it was working fine and it had an OS and I don't want to go out and buy a new one if this can be fixed another way.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

Tap Esc at boot and do the Hard Drive Diagnostics. What is the model number of the HP? What OS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users