Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Novice: Apps to Swap Backgrounds, faces etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chiiibill

chiiibill

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

Looking for a novice-friendly app(s) to have a bit of fun cleanly swapping backgrounds, faces, overlay images.

Have been doing half-baked jobs using combo of apps- LunaPic (online), Free Online Image Editor, FastStone, InPaint,

But have heard about apps such as Picture Cutout Guide, SoftOrbits Background Remover..

Also, already own Zoner Editor, VSCD Editor, Ashampoo Photo Optimizer, Affinity Photo (intense!!) and a few others. Can any of these do the job?

Which of the above apps, or combination of apps, would be best suited for these tasks in the hands of an absolute novice?

Or are there better apps out there?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

I've not ever used it (except as a trial) but you might take a look at the Adobe apps now, depending on how serious you are about quality.  Their  cloud offerings would seem to be appealing to those willing to undergo the learning curves.

Adobe also offers trials of some of its products so that potential customers can see if the app is worth the time/effort.

I'm not familair with any of the apps you listed...but I've gone away from spending time on graphics images in recent years.

You might also want  to take a look at the Corel offerings.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 March 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#3 chiiibill

chiiibill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the reply and suggestions!

#4 antipocka

antipocka

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

I think Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom are the best tools to retouch photos and make the size required. Moreover, Lightroom is great to view all images within a folder and you can organize and view/edit images there too, but tastes differ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users