Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reset SBS2011 Password

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

Hi we have takin over a new client they do not know the password for the server and we have no way of finding out so i want to break the password using Utilman.exe, however i downloaded the reaid controller and when i tried to run it it gives me an error basically saying its wrong but its not, is there anyway to reset a password on a server without the rqaid controller have you any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,490 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

I personally have not used this software and it is not cheap. You may want to contact the company regarding SBS 2011.

https://www.passware.com/windowskey-business/

#3 TechUser01

TechUser01

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Do they have the SBS disk that came with the server? You could use that to do the same thing you can the consumer OS and reset it from there. Otherwise, is there a user that has domain admin/administrator access that could reset the password in Active Directory?

#4 jasonemurray

jasonemurray

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:58 PM

I have an ISO that I use to wipe the local admin password and then reset it.  It should be able to handle 2011.

Here is an article describing the tool:

https://www.top-password.com/blog/reset-windows-8-or-7-password-with-the-freeware-ntpasswd/

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,031 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Assuming you mean the Raid controller, the answer is NO. You need the raid controller drivers in order for the raid configuration to be recognized by whatever operating system your using to boot from. If you are using Windows PE you should be able to use the same drivers as the operating system.  If the system is using Raid 1 you could pull one of the drives and mount it on another system to swap utilmon.exe with command prompt. I would not do anything until your sure they have a good backup.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

I would not do anything until your sure they have a good backup.

Rule number 1!

You could try Nordahls PW reset tool
http://www.chntpw.com/download/

It has saved me a lot of times.

It is linux based and might have the required raid drivers included

PS: you might want to check if local administrator account is disabled. If so, the easiest way would be to enable it and reset it to a blank password

Hth!

tfn

#7 Jhaveli332

Jhaveli332

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:46 AM

The server is at home or located at remote location?

#8 mtrkonghi

mtrkonghi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

I have an ISO that I use to wipe the local admin password and then reset it.  It should be able to handle 2011.

Here is an article describing the tool: https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-7-password.html

+1 . At least worked on my Windows Server 2008.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users