Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to recover files from old HDD to new SSD

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bluesaber27

bluesaber27

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

I accidentally deleted many files on my HDD so I bought a new SSD so I could use Recuva to restore the lost files to my new SSD then afterwards put the recovered files back in my HDD before transferring everything from my HDD to my new SSD. I plugged in the SSD but it doesn't show up in my computer, am I meant to format it? I know it's connected properly since i see it in the disk management showing as Disk 1, whereas my HDD is Disk 0. It has like around 450 GB of unallocated space. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

You will need to format the SSD drive.

Posted Image

#3 bluesaber27

bluesaber27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

You will need to format the SSD drive.

It worked, thanks

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

You are very welcome!

Posted Image

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Look in the Recycle Bin and see if the deleted files are there.  If they are there click/tap of Manage and select the Restore option.  Your files should be back where they belong after this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 bluesaber27

bluesaber27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

The files were permanently deleted so I think they're gone forever. I tried recuva but it didn't work either.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

It was worth a shot, there have been times when this was the easy fix.  Sorry to here about the loss of your data.  I had a instructor way back when when I took a Windows 98 class who would start each lecture by telling us to backup our data and do it often.  I take this suggestion one step further, you should store copies of all of your important data on removable media, such as an external SSD/HDD, flash drive, Cloud, etc.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 DellaVedova

DellaVedova

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

Since recuva did not work, it is possible that your data was overwritten. Or you can try other third party software like easeus data recovery or Disk Drill ?

#9 jacksomathew

jacksomathew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

Hello bluesaber27,

Read this article: http://www.chabadkids.org/tutorial-to-restore-erased-files-on-windows-10. I am sure you are able to recover deleted or lost files from any computer based on any operating system.  I personally use this software to recover data from my computer. It is available free with plenty of advanced features.

Thanks

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

I am sure you are able to recover deleted or lost files from any computer based on any operating system.

DellaVedova made a salient point in their post regarding recovering lost files.  If the missing files have been overwritten the would be gone for ever.  If this is the case then it will not matter what software is used, it can't recover files that no longer exist.

#11 Kmasppty

Kmasppty

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

Hello bluesaber27,

Read this article. I am sure you are able to recover deleted or lost files from any computer based on any operating system.  I personally use this software to recover data from my computer. It is available free with plenty of advanced features.

Thanks

Thanks for your sharing , but i am a iPhone user and i just have a way to get back lost iphone data , don't know whether to help people in need

#12 Kmasppty

Kmasppty

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

Hello bluesaber27,

Read this article: https://www.tunesbro.com/recover-deleted-messages-iphone.html. I am sure you are able to recover deleted or lost files from any computer based on any operating system.  I personally use this software to recover data from my computer. It is available free with plenty of advanced features.

Thanks

For there people who want to restore missed iphone data . this is a effective tutorial for us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users