Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Calendar Printing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goofy_IT

Goofy_IT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Hello All,

I recently upgraded a client from Office 2007 to Office 2016 and in so doing they have lost the ability to print their calendars in the Calendar Details Style with colored text.  They do not use colored categories because it's a docket which has each lawyer's activity's for that day / time and they color the text to separate it.  In Outlook 2007 this worked but in 2016 no text prints in color.   Same pc, version of windows, printers, drivers ect. 

I have tried several 3rd party apps including Microsoft Calendar Printing Assistant and it does not print color text either.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Leon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

You may have already checked this, but my only thought off the top of my head is to check the print dialog settings to see if maybe there is a setting that is set to black and white/grayscale rather than color due to changes in the dialog box when upgrading from 2007 to 2016.

#3 Goofy_IT

Goofy_IT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hi Smax013

Yes I already checked the print settings made sure no black/white or gray scale options were checked.  Also tried it on another pc and printer still get the same result.  Even went so far as to re-install Outlook 2007 and sure enough it printed the text in color.  As far as I can tell at this point it's a feature Microsoft removed and no other 3rd party app will do it. 

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Hi Smax013

Yes I already checked the print settings made sure no black/white or gray scale options were checked.  Also tried it on another pc and printer still get the same result.  Even went so far as to re-install Outlook 2007 and sure enough it printed the text in color.  As far as I can tell at this point it's a feature Microsoft removed and no other 3rd party app will do it.

If I can find some time, I might try booting up my old desktop (the new one is "procrastinating" in the build phase and has been for a while) and installing Outlook 2016 on it (I do have an Office 365 subscription) to see if I can figure anything out. I cannot promise anything, however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users