Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Displays Battery As "unknown Battery"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob_c

rob_c

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Hello

I've recently purchased a new battery for my laptop Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D7820. The original battery was BTP-44A3 rated 14.8V, 5880mAh. The new battery is BTP-44A3 and has the same voltage, but is 6600mAh which I was told was not a problem as it means it will just store more power. I also checked on purchase that the battery would fit my laptop which the manufacturer claims it does.

Upon fitting I have charged the battery fully, and upon booting windows without the AC adapter I get told that the battery is low and that I should switch to AC power. If I leave the laptop to run, it runs happily (for 1.5hrs so far), however, I cannot tell how much power is left as the task bar displays 'unknown battery'. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this? I've checked in the system folder and the standard MS battery driver is installed.

Thanks

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Temo

Temo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:50 PM

It is just missing some Drivers... Batteries are also considered Hardware... So you may want to look for information or stuf... or call you computer manufacture
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users