Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD everytime when starting pc and now RED screen of deadh?!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rale93ynwa

rale93ynwa

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hello to everyone. Im new here, and you are probably my last hope to save this pc. I am studying university of technical sciences so i know few about PC's, but can't solve this problem for really long time. Ok let's start with pc configuration frist:

Processor: Intel i5 3470

Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33

Memory: 8GB DDR3 800Mhz

Video Card(s): AMD Radeon Saphire 7850 1GB

Hard Disk(s): TOSHIBA 1TB 32MB 7k SATA600 & SSD 120GB

Power Supply: RaidMax RX500

Mouse: Logitech M280

Software: Windows 10 64bit

It is desktop PC and few years old. ( 5 or 6...) Formated C drive few times, and it's brand new Windows 10 64bit installed...

Now to the problem, i got bunch of them. :smash:  :cherry:

1. When starting PC, in the morning, after few hours of not using it, I ALWAYS get BSOD, I restart it and it runs just fine secound time. (Sometimes it just restarts, without BSOD). It's really strange. Attached all BSODs.

2. My integrated Network card (LAN) died few days ago, don't know why, don't know the reason. It just stopped working. Not sure is first problem connected to this one.

3. Yasterday, for the first time, while playing NBA 2K17 I got RED screen across the whole monitor. No errors no nothing, just red screen with some strange noise from speakers. (was in loop). Restarted it and it was fine, but it was scary a bit. I thought it was GPU but not sure...

4. I really like sport, so I use this PC for sports games mostly and surfing, for watching tv shows and movies.... and preparing exams (not too much for that). So, first problem happened when playing Football Manager 2017... PC restarted without no reason. Checked temperatures, all are fine, did GPU and CPU stress, all ok no restarts... Strange thing is, restarts only happened during this game, and all version of it FM 15,16,17... But when playing NBA 2K17 and GTA V restart never happened.

If you can help me to solve any of my problems, I would be more than thankful. :inlove:

Attached Files

Edited by rale93ynwa, 22 March 2017 - 10:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hi, rale93ynwa,

Please run Speccy:

:step1: Speccy by Piriform

• Download and save Speccy from here.
• Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
• Open up the extracted folder, right-click on Speccy64.exe, and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
• After waiting a while, click File, then Publish Snapshot.
• Hit Yes to the Publish Snapshot dialog, then click Copy to Clipboard. Paste the URL in your next reply.

Regards,
bwv848

p.s. Also, please run MemTest86 for a minimum of eight passes. You can find a guide here if you need help.

Edited by bwv848, 23 March 2017 - 01:59 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 rale93ynwa

rale93ynwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RbI141sn7V61emlUzEvkYlt

Did one pass with MemTest86 took me 42min, but no errors. Will do more next week, don't have time now. Any suggestions what causing problems?

Edited by rale93ynwa, 24 March 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Hi, rale93ynwa, :)

S.M.A.R.T. warns about the health of your TOSHIBA hard drive. This is alarming as failing hard drives can cause a lot of memory corruption. Can you run Seagate SeaTools and let me know the results? Please test ALL the hard drives and perform the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Generic Test.

Thanks.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Run Memtest86 overnight... it'll save you a lot of time. :thumbup2:

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 rale93ynwa

rale93ynwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

S.M.A.R.T. warns about the health of your TOSHIBA hard drive. This is alarming as failing hard drives can cause a lot of memory corruption. Can you run Seagate SeaTools and let me know the results? Please test ALL the hard drives and perform the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Generic Test.

Thanks.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Run Memtest86 overnight... it'll save you a lot of time. :thumbup2:

I am on some business trip, will do that when I come back.

Btw, question, can broken HDD be cause of BSOD even if the Windows is installed on SSD? I will try to start PC without HDD and see will I get BSOD.

This is driving me nuts, that restarts when playing FM and BSOD on startup... I'm even thinking to buy new PC, and this PC is not bad at all, but i can't find what is causing this problems...

Thanks for help man.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Where is your paging file? On the SSD or HDD? If it's on the failing HDD, then I'm certain that the BSODs are related. Also, the SanDisk is your SSD, and the TOSHIBA is your HDD, right?

Regards,

bwv848

#7 rale93ynwa

rale93ynwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

Where is your paging file? On the SSD or HDD? If it's on the failing HDD, then I'm certain that the BSODs are related. Also, the SanDisk is your SSD, and the TOSHIBA is your HDD, right?

Regards,

bwv848

To be honest, Im not sure where is paging file. Yeah HDD is Toshiba. More faster replays from now on.

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Btw, question, can broken HDD be cause of BSOD even if the Windows is installed on SSD? I will try to start PC without HDD and see will I get BSOD.

I'm really not sure honestly. It theoretically could — how is the computer running without the bad HDD?

#9 rale93ynwa

rale93ynwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

Im gonna start it without HDD tomorrow. Because, as I said, i got BSOD after PC was not turn on for a couple of hours.

Gonna do SeaTools thing now and post results.

#10 rale93ynwa

rale93ynwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

All tests passed fine. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users