Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Different Twitter video issues across multiple browsers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 latimer141225

latimer141225

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

As of today...

-- Firefox (52.0.1) when a video is clicked on Twitter, hems and haws before saying "the video can not be played";

-- IE (11.0.9600.18617) thinks the video's already been clicked once a video-bearing tweet comes into view, and "the video can not be played" is already displaying

Chrome displays, and plays, tweetclips normally.

I'd rather have FF for all the addons I've added; it would take too long, or bore me to sleep, trying to figure out how to do the addon things on a diff product.

64-bit Win7 Home Premium, custom to HP/CompaQ (CQ2014, new 2011), SP1; AMD E-300 APU w/Radeon HD, 1300MHz, 2 cores, 2 logical procs; 3GB RAM; 500GB HDD

B

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

I've been kind of away from 'the game' so my advice might not be productive, but you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flashplayer and/or Adobe Shockwave player.
:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 21 March 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#3 latimer141225

latimer141225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

I've been kind of away from 'the game' so my advice might not be productive, but you may want to try uniinstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flashplayer and/or Adobe Shockwave player.
:)

Did not help.

B

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Welp, I guess there's nothing more left that can be done.

Burn your computer and get a new one. lol

Seriously though, the folks here will help you out much better than me, no worries. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users