Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speaker Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fenrir

Fenrir

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:13 AM

I have had these two speakers for about four-five years, they have lasted me threw threw some heavy albums and long nights of gaming. Today when I threw in a CD, they sounded muffled and such. I fiddled around with the volume controls on my computer and still the same. I have no other pair to test out to see if they are really dieing, so should I just go out to get a new set of speakers (I have had my eye on these Logitech ones for a while)? Thanks for any advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:15 AM

Hmmm....I've never had a set of speakers just start dying like that. I have, however, had speakers "blow" without my knowledge, and sound crappy (distorted, somewhat muffled, etc.) and after playing with the sound controls, I ended up replacing the speakers. The only thing I'd check before replacing the speakers is that you don't have an effect turned on. Without me actually hearing your speakers make the muffled sound, I'd say that you *might* have enabled the "underwater" effect that makes everything sound muffled. I say *might* only because my son has done this to me, and it took me 20 minutes to figure out that he had sabotaged my audio :thumbsup: .

I'm not sure if this will work, but try plugging in a headset your sound output. I can't remember the exact size of the speaker jacks, and if they're the same size as the headset jack. If it does work, and your headset sounds fine, then your speakers are messed up. If your headset sounds messed up, then the speakers arent' your problem, it's your sound card (or onboard audio) that's messed up, wich may or may not be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. You could always go get a cheap set of speakers from a dollar store or walmart (you should be able to find a really cheap pair for under $10) and try them on your computer (or borrow a pair from a friend).

Hope all this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users