Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

http://redirect.ads-feeds.net being blocked by Avast Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HeyImAmy

HeyImAmy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Recently, I started getting popups from Avast Antivirus on my Dell laptop running Windows 10. It started with one popup and I was glad Avast blocked something harmful but then the same popup came back a few days later.

The popup now shows up either once a week, every few days, or even every few minutes. Avast makes a dinging noise to let me know that it blocked something and then I see this:

pE27JjV.png

The URL listed under Object is always the same, when I get these popups. I checked my laptop and there are no unwanted programs installed. I also checked task manager and did not find anything out of the ordinary. 

I ran a scan in Avast Free Antivirus 17.2.2288 (build 12.3.3154.23) and the program was not able to find anything. 

I also ran a scan in Malwarebytes Free 3.0.6 because I usually have more luck finding infections with that program and attached a log file in TXT format. 

Is there anything else I should do?

Here are print screens of my task manager window in case anyone wants to double check that I have nothing bad running:

fsnpio0.png

sbaCOwq.png

Pg8BoaY.png

U5lHELl.png

Nd3fbdj.png

QyNCx7m.png

1OeC1OU.png

85xS6mh.png

28qKZQN.png

Qhzg0wk.png

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2017 - 12:19 PM.
Moved from MRL to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Avast_Team

Avast_Team

Authorized Avast Rep

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

Have you checked your Chrome extensions? (enable Browser Cleanup in Avast)

This looks to be adware/spyware, often intended to replace your default homepage, thus why it's being blocked :) I'm wondering if it's sitting in a dodgy extension somewhere, because I wouldn't call this a false positive just yet.

Try the browser cleanup -- then a boot-time scan, to find it in the event that it's repopulating itself over the net.

Also, make sure Behavior Shield is enabled -- it's designed to catch malicious behavior in running processes in real time.

Edited by Avast_Team, 21 March 2017 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users