Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU and Network Activity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 golfnutts

golfnutts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Recently downloaded Auslogic Registry Cleaner from CNET download site.  Ran it and ever since, have a large number of REGSVR32.EXE processes running concurrently.  CPU utilization spikes at 100% often as well.  Have power setting to shut off monitor after 20 minutes idle but it does not ever shut off now.  I disabled my NIC and CPU went back to normal, screensaver came on and ran smoothly and monitor powered down as it should.  Once I re-enabled NIC, problems resurfaced.  When I looked at NIC properties, noticed and large volume of data being uploaded and downloaded when I had nothing running.

Removed Auslogic Cleaner and ran Malwarebytes.  It found two Auslogic programs left behind that it removed but that has not solved the problem.  Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users