Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor recommendation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 giantatx

giantatx

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

Hi, I've just bought a system (still to arrive) with the ff spec: 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X CPU, 8 Cores, 3.4 - 3.8GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A Motherboard
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

My current monitor is >11 yrs old; Dell 1907fp (analog).

I think the refresh rate and FPS are well behind the modern monitors and so for gaming would simply slow down graphics rendering.

Another thing, I often stream sports from BT in UK.  When I view on my old Dell monitor, the stream is always good and clear.  When I stream the same service with a newer monitor (HDMI), for some reason, the stream stutters constantly.  I can't figure out why this is because surely it should be the other way round.

Edited by giantatx, 21 March 2017 - 07:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users