Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi connection issues on windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suf45

suf45

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

Hi.

The wifi on my laptop keeps on dropping out. I am using windows 8.1. I get an error message saying 'your connection was interrupted  network change detected'

I've done everything from flushing dns. Unchecking Allow computer to sleep. Put power saving on maximum performance.

I've gone into device manager and updated my wifi adaptor from there as well. 

How do i fix this?

Edited by suf45, 21 March 2017 - 05:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Make and model ?

Have you had a look at the manufacturer's forum to see if there are any other reports of this behaviour ?  The wifi units on some laptops are prone to physical/mechanical problems which are often most easily solved by using a USB wireless adatper. You seem to have done most of the things associated with the drivers.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Please download and install Farbar Service Scanner.  The download will begin immediately after clicking on the link.

When FSS opens you will see an image like the one below.  

FSS1_zpsed396cd9.png

Place checks in all of the boxes and then click on Scan

When the Scan is complete a log similar to the one below will open.  Copy and then paste this in your topic.

FSS2_zps8ffbee2d.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 hugeB

hugeB

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht502846

Some methods to solve problems like yours.

Edited by hugeB, 24 March 2017 - 06:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users