Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver State Failure BSOD -- Now Nothing Runs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billgateskickedmydog

billgateskickedmydog

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

My windows 10 Dell 7559 laptop is 2 months old. I was browsing the internet and suddenly got a Driver State Failure BSOD. Now every time I login to my computer I will either get a black screen that never goes away, or the desktop will display but no programs such as sound, internet, etc will run. I can't even start task manager or control panel, only navigate files and such.

I will also get a bunch of application errors for dozens of things like rundll32, skype, task manager, control panel, sound, etc stating: "The application was unable to start correctly. Click ok to close the application."

The only way to get programs like control panel and settings to work is to boot the laptop up into safe mode. When I look in device manager I find "generic pnp monitor" and "intel dual band wireless-ac 3165" have yellow warning signs beside them. I've tried pressing uninstall next to them, but that didn't seem to do anything after a restart. I've also set the power settings to maximum, as I read that was a common fix for this issue. I also cannot connect to wi-fi both in normal mode and in safe mode with networking, I assume due to the wireless-ac 3165 error.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I should also mention I ran and sfc /scannow and that brought back no problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

Greetings, billgateskickedmydog, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support forum! :hello:

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Useful information!
Please only use the ZIP compression format, do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 billgateskickedmydog

billgateskickedmydog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

Ok, there we go.

Also, apologies for the delay, I went out of town for a while and had to take my other laptop :/

Attached Files

Edited by billgateskickedmydog, 07 April 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,023 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Greetings,

Unfortunately, there are traces of pirated Adobe software on your computer. BleepingComputer's forum rules prohibit me from helping you further:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

If you would like help, please remove all illegal software on your computer and run the Sysnative File Collection App again.

Out of courtesy though, I will suggest that you reinstall your NVIDIA graphics drivers, directly from Dell's website. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users