Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursor moving to bottom left and clicking Start menu, requesting help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SofieMiller

SofieMiller

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Toshiba DX1215-D2101 Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393

have what appears to be a virus that frequently and repeatedly moves the mouse to the lower left of the screen and clicks on the Windows Start Menu.  It sometimes starts one of the news or movie applications on the windows start popup menu.  Have tried completely reloading windows (allowing it to remove all my files and programs), removed batteries from mouse and keyboard to make sure it was not a defect or short in those, tried some things I saw online with regard to unchecking mouse precision option, and virus protection software does not seem to detect it.  My reading online seems to indicate the virus may be on the master boot, but I sure would appreciate some help getting rid of this off my computer...it makes it very difficult to get anything done, as when you are trying to type in an application, the mouse moves again and then you are typing in the WIndows Start Search field.  Sophie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users