Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nevergetany

nevergetany

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

When I installed my Windows 10 (Free Version) several months ago, I noticed that the old familiar System Restore was missing.  After doing some research I found out how to "activate" system restore. I pit it on my desktop for easy access.  Today (3-20-17) I found and put on my desktop How to create a Restore Point manually. When I opened it a few minutes ago, I discovered that somehow, System Restore was now turned off, and 0 space allocated.  I turned it back on and allocated space.  My question is What would cause it to turn off and go back to 0 space?  And is there a way to stop it from happening again?  My net provider is Frontier Secure, and they have a top notch virus and security check.  My thought is some virus slipped by and is hiding in System Restore, and I don't know how to check for that.  Has anybody else had problems with System Restore shutting itself off?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

It appears that every time a major update like the Anniversary update is installed it resets Sysytem Restore to off.

#3 DellaVedova

DellaVedova

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

I think it's because the NVidia graphics cards not having up to date drivers installed. You can update the drivers for nvidia graphics. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users