Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

randsome ware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kavavpv

kavavpv

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

ransomware or hacker? I have had redirect issues I stumbled upon some files that were hidden.

first I tried deleting a file in task library that I didn't know of it wouldn't delete so I checked on the file

it was Real tek (audio) HDA| RAVBq Realtek 63exe/    I'm really wanting to solve this problem. I have 3-4 note pages of the "instructions" I need help  if anyone knows any thing???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

More information is needed. Are there any obvious file extensions appended to or with your encrypted data files (i.e. several random hexadecimal characters, words or email addresses)? If so, what is the extension and is it the same for each encrypted file or is it different?

Did you find any ransom notes and if so, what is the actual name of the note? These infections are created to alert victims that their data has been encrypted and demand a ransom payment. Check your documents folder (C:\ProgramData, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data) for an image the malware typically uses for the background note or a randomly named .html, .txt, .png, .bmp, .url file. Most ransomware will also drop a ransom note in every directory/affected folder where data has been encrypted.

Did the cyber-criminals provide an email address to send payment to? If so, what is the email address?

The best way to identify the different ransomwares that use "random character extensions" is the ransom note (including it's name), samples of the encrypted files, the malware file itself or at least information related to the email address used by the cyber-criminals to request payment.

If there are no obvious extensions appended to your file names, no ransom notes, no demands of payment and your data is not actually encrypted, then you most likely are dealing with fake ransomware, a fake web page in your browser, some version of a Tech Support Scam or something else.If you are dealing with actual ransomware, you can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users