Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Key and Mouse input getting delayed 15 second response

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VinSez

VinSez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Laptop: Lenovo T400 Type 6474 running Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 7

This past week I have l experienced a significant slow down in response when pressing a character or clicking the mouse in an online app.  I've worked with my antivirus folks at AVAST; they've tried twice to come up with a remedy, but to no avail.  I've upgraded the memory in the PC and below is a screen shot of  current operation.

I've tried several antivirus and malware products to get to root cause, but I am stuck!  I also looked on the Lenovo site for Bias update for Windows 10 and there doesn't appear to be one, which was curious?  This has happened on Yahoo email, my Fidelity broker account, and other web sites, it seems to get worse as I use the PC throughout a morning.  Any thoughts, suggestions....

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lukerr

lukerr

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

I thought you clicked on some malicious or phishing site and with the effect of that, some adware or malware came to your system. Just, do one thing install adblocker on your browser and also install adw-cleaner into your system. adw-cleaner will remove all adware from your system. then tell me

#3 VinSez

VinSez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

I run uBlock origins for adware.  I took your advice and ran Ad-Cleaner.  It got rid of several programs I downloaded from CNET to try to fix the problem.  I don't think it is a virus or malware issue, I suspect either Window 10 or something else!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users