Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doubt regarding LAN Cable splitter?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Hello everyone,

I have got a query. I have a desktop and WiFi router in a conference room at my work location. Only one LAN cable comes into the room. Can I use a RJ45 CAT 5 CAT 6 LAN Network Ethernet Female to 2 x Female Plug Connector Attached File  31cKtXoVrQL._SY450_.jpg   14.54KB   0 downloads  to connect the computer and WiFi router to internet simultaneously?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

No.  You need a switch.  As you can see from the link you can pick up a switch for less than $10.

#3 Hareen

Hareen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

No.  You need a switch.  As you can see from the link you can pick up a switch for less than $10.

Oh is it.

Thank you for the support bro.

I Placed order for a D-Link DES-1005C 10/100 Network Switch. D-Link is cheaper in my country so went for it. 

Thank you for the support bro.

#4 Hareen

Hareen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

Well the issue did not resolve?

I bought the switch and tried connecting but wifi router is not getting network signal. The computer and all other systems on LAN network got connected though.

Any suggestions ?? Please click on the pictures for a better view. The pics are uploaded to the site itself so there will be no foul play.

This is how my connection is now : 

Attached File  12.jpg   53.36KB   0 downloads

I want it this way :

Attached File  Trial.jpg   78.47KB   0 downloads

Ignore the bad paintings.

What I am asking is; what should be placed in the place of something in the picture?

Thanks & Regards, 

Hareen.

Edited by Hareen, 22 March 2017 - 07:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users