Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good day all

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Victim_of_Changes

Victim_of_Changes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

Just a short introduction from a new member who has followed the BC Forums as a guest for the past year. This is a return to the world of computer science after a brief 31 year hiatus.

My new found interest in computing was sparked by my former employer's insatiable desire to track, key log, record and intrude into every facet of his employees' lives. Unfortunately he was unaware that I was rebellious and non- conforming by nature. I was the kid who used a hole punch to make double sided floppies while using a 1200 bit/s modem to snatch a copy of Choplifter from a BBS with my C-64. I found myself engaged in a type of cyber war as I revolted against any and all privacy intrusion attempts. It is not that I had anything to hide, it was the underlying distrust and paranoia that as a professional manager, I should not be subject to. Do not question my integrity, especially without reason (he was unaware of Choplifter and the floppies). I guess I owe a bit of gratitude as his inquisitor ways led me back to interest in computing.

Currently, I have five (5) platforms and am interested in gaining as much Linux knowledge as will fit into my head. I thank those at BC for the opportunity to advance and look forward to interacting with like minded individuals.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

Welcome to BC

Linux knowledge ?......you will be bombarded !

Stay a while and Enjoy the experience

Brian

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users