Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can this device even be hacked? And also, bye-bye Bleeping Computer! :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hello,

Can anybody here, who understands security, help me with this quick question:

Can a feature phone, such as the Nokia 105 (2015) for example, which doesn't have a browser, GPS, bluetooth, WLAN, 3G, GPRS or EDGE, even be hacked remotely in any other way besides the GSM network? Is there any other "door", so to speak, to hacking the device remotely?

I see the device has an FM radio. Can it be used to gain access to the phone remotely?

I'd appreciate any helpful input on the subject. Thank you in advance!

P.S. This is the last topic I make here and would like to thank everybody who's helped me with all my tech questions & troubles throughout the past months. You've all been awesome! Thank you!
:)
mkovb.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 33,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Previously asked and answered: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/642355/can-this-device-even-be-hacked/

To avoid duplication and confusion for everyone. Please continue there. This topic closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users