Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

have a web site that keeps trying to launch in internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 frost1977

frost1977

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

rec://aaResources.dll/104

it does say this page can't be displayed.
every time I close it the site reopens by itself  only effects explorer ms edge and fire fox are fine.
seems to have started when I was trying to up date  java and adobe flash player.
I have ran avast and JRT with nothing found.

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to this.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

Try deleting/ disabling the Amazon Assistant plugin/ add-on in IE.

Click the tools option (located on the top right corner) and select Manage Ads-on

That is assuming you have a typo...you typed rec://....I think you meant res://

EDIT: you may have Amazon Assistant or Amazon Browser Bar in your list of Installed Programs. You can

uninstall that as you would any other program.

Edited by buddy215, 19 March 2017 - 02:43 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

I see you are online and may miss the edit of my first post.

EDIT: you may have Amazon Assistant or Amazon Browser Bar in your list of Installed Programs. You can

uninstall that as you would any other program.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 frost1977

frost1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

I deleted amazon from my search providers under the manage add ons option

and I see amazon assistance under the apps& features under settings but the uninstall & modify buttons are greyed out where I cannot click them.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

You may have an adware form of that Amazon Assistant. Use the programs below to remove.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

• download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
  • Double-click mb3-setup-1878.1878-3.0.6.1469.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • Then click Finish.
  • Once the program has fully updated, select Scan Now on the Dashboard. Or select the Threat Scan from the Scan menu.
  • If another update of the definitions is available, it will be implemented before the rest of the scanning procedure.
  • When the scan is complete, make sure that all Threats are selected, and click Remove Selected.
  • Restart your computer when prompted to do so.
  • The Scan log is available throughout History ->Application logs. Please post it contents in your next reply.

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

#6 frost1977

frost1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Malwarebytes & junkwar removel I have already ran them and they found nothing

I ran ccleaner  and either that or removing amazon from addons as a search provider so far I am not getting the  website trying to load.

amazon assistance still shows up under apps with uninstall greyed out.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Okay...be sure to run AdwCleaner

Try using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware  to uninstall Amazon.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Java is the likely culprit for putting that adware/ spyware on your computer. If you don't actually use Java...which most users don't...then uninstall it.

You may actually see several Java programs listed unless you have been diligent in updating each and every issued security update for Java.

Below is an image of what you would or should of seen during the update of Java. If you didn't uncheck those Amazon items...then that was the source.

amazon-asst-offer.png

#9 frost1977

frost1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

how would I check to see if java and my flash player are upto date  I do use them both on occasion.

I also have this thing from NVidia helper that keeps trying to launch something off of my dvd drive, even with out a disk in it.

windows 10 here

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

• Please download Security Check by glax24 and save the file to the Desktop
  • Run the tool by accepting all the Security prompts
  • when complete the tool will produce a log file C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt and also copy the contents to the Clipboard
  • Simply Paste the log to your reply

#11 frost1977

frost1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

SecurityCheck by glax24 & Severnyj v.1.4.0.46 [22.09.16]
DateLog: 20.03.2017 21:12:27
Path starting: C:\Users\UserPC\AppData\Local\Temp\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.exe
Log directory: C:\SecurityCheck\
IsAdmin: True
User: UserPC
VersionXML: 4.04is-19.03.2017

Windows 10(6.3.14393) (x64) Professional Lang: English(0409)
Installation date OS: 27.09.2016 10:02:18
LicenseStatus: Windows®, Professional edition The machine is permanently activated.
Boot Mode: Normal
Default Browser: Microsoft Edge (C:\WINDOWS\system32\LaunchWinApp.exe)
SystemDrive: C: FS: [NTFS] Capacity: [930.6 Gb] Used: [613.8 Gb] Free: [316.8 Gb]
------------------------------- [ Windows ] -------------------------------
Internet Explorer 11.953.14393.0
User Account Control enabled
Automatically download and schedule installation
Windows Update (wuauserv) - The service is running
Security Center (wscsvc) - The service is running
Remote Registry (RemoteRegistry) - The service has stopped
SSDP Discovery (SSDPSRV) - The service is running
Remote Desktop Services (TermService) - The service has stopped
Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) (WinRM) - The service has stopped
------------------------------ [ MS Office ] ------------------------------
Microsoft Office 2007 v.12.0.6612.1000
---------------------------- [ Antivirus_WMI ] ----------------------------
Avast Antivirus (enabled and up to date)
Windows Defender (disabled and up to date)
--------------------------- [ FirewallWindows ] ---------------------------
Windows Firewall (MpsSvc) - The service is running
--------------------------- [ AntiSpyware_WMI ] ---------------------------
Windows Defender (disabled and up to date)
Avast Antivirus (enabled and up to date)
---------------------- [ AntiVirusFirewallInstall ] -----------------------
Avast Free Antivirus v.17.2.2288
-------------------------- [ SecurityUtilities ] --------------------------
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1.1043 v.2.2.1.1043
--------------------------- [ OtherUtilities ] ----------------------------
7-Zip 16.04 (x64 edition) v.16.04.00.0
Microsoft Silverlight v.5.1.50905.0
-------------------------------- [ Java ] ---------------------------------
Java 8 Update 101 v.8.0.1010.13 Warning! Download Update
Uninstall old version and install new one (jre-8u121-windows-i586.exe).
Java 8 Update 111 v.8.0.1110.14 Warning! Download Update
Uninstall old version and install new one (jre-8u121-windows-i586.exe).
Java 8 Update 121 v.8.0.1210.13
--------------------------- [ AdobeProduction ] ---------------------------
Adobe Flash Player 25 NPAPI v.25.0.0.127
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.15.023.20070
------------------------------- [ Browser ] -------------------------------
Mozilla Firefox 52.0.1 (x86 en-US) v.52.0.1
--------------------------- [ RunningProcess ] ----------------------------
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe v.11.0.14393.953
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe v.11.0.14393.953
C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe v.11.0.14393.953
------------------ [ AntivirusFirewallProcessServices ] -------------------
Avast Antivirus (avast! Antivirus) - The service is running
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe v.17.1.3394.0
aswbIDSAgent (aswbIDSAgent) - The service is running
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastui.exe v.17.1.3394.46
Windows Defender Service (WinDefend) - The service has stopped
Windows Defender Network Inspection Service (WdNisSvc) - The service has stopped
---------------------------- [ UnwantedApps ] -----------------------------
Unity Web Player v.4.5.1f3 Warning! Application is distributed through the partnership programs and bundle assemblies. Uninstallation recommended. Possible you became a victim of fraud or social engineering.
----------------------------- [ End of Log ] ------------------------------

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Uninstall Java 101 and Java 111

Suggest you uninstall Unity Web Player v.4.5.1f3 Warning! Application is distributed through the partnership programs and bundle assemblies. Uninstallation recommended. Possible you became a victim of fraud or social engineering.

You can use CCleaner to find and disable or delete Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks. If you would like me to help you with that follow the

instructions below. That may or may not help to find what is causing the Nvidia nuisance.

Post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

#13 frost1977

frost1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
No HKCU:Run Discord Hammer & Chisel, Inc. C:\Users\UserPC\AppData\Local\Discord\app-0.0.297\Discord.exe
Yes HKCU:Run f.lux Flux Software LLC "C:\Users\UserPC\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /noshow
No HKCU:Run OneDrive Microsoft Corporation "C:\Users\UserPC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background
No HKCU:Run Power2GoExpress CyberLink Corp. "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\Power2GoExpress.exe"
Yes HKCU:Run Steam Valve Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent
Yes HKLM:Run AvastUI.exe AVAST Software "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvLaunch.exe" /gui
No HKLM:Run CLMLServer CyberLink "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run GrooveMonitor Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run IAStorIcon Intel Corporation "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60
Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel® pGFX "C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe"
No HKLM:Run LanguageShortcut CyberLink "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
No HKLM:Run RemoteControl Cyberlink Corp. "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run RTHDVCPL Realtek Semiconductor "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe" -s
No HKLM:Run ShadowPlay Microsoft Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll,ShadowPlayOnSystemStart
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Oracle Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

Yes Task Adobe Flash Player Updater Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes Task OneDrive Standalone Update Task  C:\Users\UserPC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.6517.0809\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
Yes Task OneDrive Standalone Update Task v2 Microsoft Corporation %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
No Task Optimize Start Menu Cache Files-S-1-5-21-268514846-1927310418-2097440617-1001  
Yes Task SafeZone scheduled Autoupdate 1465995979 Avast Software C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser\launcher.exe --scheduledautoupdate $(Arg0)
Yes Task {B7CE7C22-4FB0-4870-87EC-D02EF4F822BE} Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\pcalua.exe -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4"

#14 frost1977

frost1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

I have also been getting a small pop that says, do you want to allow this website to open an app on this page , even on my home page which is just yahoo.com,

#15 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:06 AM

Suggest Disabling these Startups: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item and choosing Disable on the right.

Yes HKCU:Run Steam Valve Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent

Yes HKLM:Run IAStorIcon Intel Corporation "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60
Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel® pGFX "C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Oracle Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

Disable these Tasks: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item and choosing Disable on the right.

Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes Task OneDrive Standalone Update Task  C:\Users\UserPC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.6517.0809\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
Yes Task OneDrive Standalone Update Task v2 Microsoft Corporation %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe

Yes Task SafeZone scheduled Autoupdate 1465995979 Avast Software C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser\launcher.exe --scheduledautoupdate $(Arg0)
Yes Task {B7CE7C22-4FB0-4870-87EC-D02EF4F822BE} Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\pcalua.exe -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4"

List of Installed programs is missing...please post them. Did you run AdwCleaner?

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users