Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm calling it from now

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

I don't know why, but I have some inner suspicions that the new Samsung Galaxy S8, which is less than a month away, is going to be a moderate flop and all Android hardcore techies are going to once again, as with any other greatly-hyped device, be like this \/ lol

CCCPTPSWMAITuJj.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,949 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

If Samsung were 'doing it right', (as we have come to expect from them).....Android would probably be the most used OS on earth....on TOP of Msft

They are close......less than 5% away

ONE good outcome (eg the SGs8) would shoot them to the top spot.

Time will tell

(In the meantime, my iphone 6s will just plug along......)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Yes, I agree.
Well, we'll just have to wait & see.

To be honest, the only 3 tech things that I am looking forward and interested in seeing for this year, 2017, are the Samsung Galaxy S8, the new iPhone (7S, 8, SE2, Whatever), and whatever other 1 dazzling device, if any, comes to existence this year, be it a phone, a car, a fridge, a computer or anything else which runs on electricity.

If it turns out that the only new technologies which impress me are the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the iPhone 8 and if the iPhone is once again much faster on Geekbench 4 (10-15+ % speedier) and if it comes with no camera bump, then I might consider buying it and making it the first product that I have bought from Apple.
:)

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Samsung and Apple.  Samsung has the market as opposed to Apple that has the fanatics who will buy Apple gear at any price.  I started as Apple and IBM but has morphed across many markets but Apple has been unable to corner any meaningful share of any market.  Now with the advent of unrepairable (disposable) gear, meaning even a tech can't get into them, it's is cheaper to toss it and get a new one than send yours off to who knows where for eight weeks.  Next time buy two.

#5 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Samsung has done great. Brought the android to almost all of the world. And yes some speculations revolving the S8 to be a flop seem legit. But then I think the device has some elegance if you look at it. Let's just wait and watch. 

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Yes.
On the other side though, if the iPhone 8 is a massive hit, if the Galaxy S8 turns out bad and if no other company such as OnePlus makes another hit, the new iPhone 8, if kept on the market for 3+ years, could become the best-selling phone in the world, ever. But only if it manages to outsell the iPhone 6 & 6+, which have sold over 220 million times over. It also has to outsell the No.1 of all time - the Nokia 1110, which managed to sell over 250 million devices in just over 3 years.
If that all happens and the iPhone 8 sells 250+ million units, it would be truly astonishing as it is not a cheap phone by all means.

But as you've said, we'll just have to wait and see. It might just turn out that they all suck or vice-versa. :D lol

#7 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Yes.
On the other side though, if the iPhone 8 is a massive hit, if the Galaxy S8 turns out bad and if no other company such as OnePlus makes another hit, the new iPhone 8, if kept on the market for 3+ years, could become the best-selling phone in the world, ever. But only if it manages to outsell the iPhone 6 & 6+, which have sold over 220 million times over. It also has to outsell the No.1 of all time - the Nokia 1110, which managed to sell over 250 million devices in just over 3 years.
If that all happens and the iPhone 8 sells 250+ million units, it would be truly astonishing as it is not a cheap phone by all means.

But as you've said, we'll just have to wait and see. It might just turn out that they all suck or vice-versa. :D lol

Yes, but I don't see that happening. Samsung won't just hold back. Beside the 1100 was way way cheaper so comparing it to the iPhone sells is not a good idea. 

#8 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

Yes, I agree. This is why if this were to happen, it would be one of the most astonishing events to have ever occured in the relatively brief so far history of smartphones.
Anyways, we'll be sure to know in about 5 years max. lol
For all we know, Apple could become the new Nokia/Sony Ericsson/Siemens, which, although not small companies nowadays by all means, are way past their 'glory days'.

Edited by Just_One_Question, 22 March 2017 - 09:48 PM.

#9 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

Well, the new Samsung Galaxy S8 is...awesome!
I confess, I was wrong.
I'll still wait for the iPhone 8, though. I think it'll be better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users