Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Completed New Build and Nothing Showing on Monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kmarc150

kmarc150

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

Hi.

I have an incredibly frustrating problem with a new computer build I just did. First, the following are my parts:

Case: Zalman Z3

Motherboard” ASUS H110-M-E

PSU: Corsair vs500

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400

HDD: 1 old 640GB Western Digital Hard drive and an old 160GB HDD I carried forward from an old Dell.

Optical: One DVD Drive

Monitor: Dell S2240M LED LCD 22” Monitor

Video: G4400's built in graphics for now

The problem:

I watched a crapload of computer build videos online (Carey Holzman, et al) and I had done a build about 8 years ago of a core2duo system that finally died.

After putting current PC together, I had to wait a few days for vga to dvi adapter to arrive from monoprice in order to connect my new build to monitor that I know works as I'd been using it on my old PC right up until it refused to boot.

When I hit power button on the new build, the cpu fan comes on, the one case fan I have hooked up comes on, a light comes on on my motherboard and I hear the DVD and hard drives trying to access so everything seemed to be working in a basic sense but NOTHING displays to my monitor. I bought two DVI to VGA adapters from monoprice(just in case I got a bad one) and have tried both and no dice.

I've ensured that the vga cable is securely seated in the vga port of motherboard and the other end securely in monitor.

Visually double checked motherboard and all connectors connected securely (Motherboard main power, cpu power plug and all the others).

Anyone have a similar problem before or have any trouble shooting ideas?

TIA,

Keith

PS. Forgot to mention the RAM: Crucial 2 x 4gb DDR4 2133mhz

Edited by kmarc150, 18 March 2017 - 12:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

Try with minimum config (one memory stick, no drives).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users