I recently upgraded my old pc which was a HP Pavilion 500. I upgrade the case, GPU, and PSU. I am eventually going to upgrade my motherboard and probably salvage the CPU and RAM.
CPU : Intel Core i5-4460S @ 2900 MHz
GPU : EVGA SCC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 150 Ti
Motherboard : HP 2AF7
RAM : 12GB
Case : Corsair SPEC 01
So, I do have a couple of questions that I was hoping to address. I am new to building computers so my knowledge on the subject is mediocre. If I make any mistakes, I apologize.
1) What would be the temperature range for my specific CPU and GPU? I am currently monitoring them with the CAM software, and when I run games, the GPU tends to go up to 56 degrees Celsius, which is over the Community Max Temp that the software provides me. As for the CPU, it tends to go up to 50 degrees Celsius.
2) I wanted to purchase some new fans for the case, but I am not sure if it is necessary? Given the information I provided, would you recommend adding new fans? If so, where would the ideal placement of fans be. I was thinking of buying two more fans and putting an additional intake fan on the front and an exhaust on the back.
3) Since I am using a stock motherboard right now, it only has with one system fan 3 pin connection. I took out the stock intake fan, and connected the new fan that came with the new case. Everything I boot up my computer, it gives me a 512 error saying that the rear chassis fan was not detected. I assume that it is because I am not using the stock fan. My plan was to connect the new case fan to the PSU with a 3 pin to MOLEX adapter, or purchase a fan controller. Then I was going to connect the stock fan to the motherboard and use that as a exhaust fan. In addition, the stock fan is smaller than the screw mounts on the case, so I was just going to zip tie it to the case. In addition, the new case fan is in the front of the case, while the connection on the motherboard is all the way at the back. The cable is just barely long enough and I have it stretched over the CPU fan. That is the other reason I am considering doing this.
4) My case comes with USB 2 and USB 3 on the front. When I connect them to the motherboard, the USB 3 does not work even though it fits the connections. Does the motherboard I have support USB 3?
6) My case has vents on the top and my room tends to accumulate dust quickly, should I purchase dust filters and put them over the top?
That's all of the questions that I can think of right now, if you could answer any of these, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any recommendations for future motherboards or parts, please let me know. Thank you!
These are some pictures of the final build, also any cable management tips would be great, thanks!