Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio + Fps stutter, unable to click icons or anything on screen randomly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ItsHighNoon

ItsHighNoon

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hi, for the past 3 days i have been having issues that have been popping up one after the other after this recent windows update.
first it started with audio and fps stutter with my youtube video and overwatch game. on start up my screen would go black for 3 seconds, this happened 3 times and now it turns white instead of black. now at random my desktop will become unresponsive, couldnt click icons or click on this post to continue typing...although i can move mouse.
it just happened a few minutes ago. this all happened after an windows update but i believe it to be a coincidence, since i removed that windows update.

i have done a system restore but it does not count because i have no effective restore points before this update i got 2 days ago
i have been using google and troubleshooting but nothing seem to help.
i used tweaking.com windows repair tool. nothing and i ran it twice, once in safe mode. i checked the hdd for anything wrong using the tool as well.
my audio drivers are updated.
i reinstalled nvidia.
I have a 1tb HDD and i have downloaded many games and removed many games on it in the past 3 years. I have ran disk clean up and defrag recently.
usually when C drive gets close to full my computer will start slowing down. so i delete a couple 100 gb worth of data and its fine. its not slow now. just these other problems..
i just noticed it will not let me uninstall a windows update coupled with 2 security updates installed 3 days ago.

edit: chkdsk results

976181247 KB total disk space.
               809360020 KB in 428079 files.
                  265240 KB in 79213 indexes.
                       0 KB in bad sectors.
                  658411 KB in use by the system.
                   65536 KB occupied by the log file.
               165897576 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
               244045311 total allocation units on disk.
                41474394 allocation units available on disk.

i guess im going to create a hijackthis log as my next step.

thank you for your time.

Edited by ItsHighNoon, 18 March 2017 - 10:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

When was the last update done.  I have had dozens of users come down with a mixed bag of faults from bad updates.  Roll back to your last available restore point and try the update again.

#3 ItsHighNoon

ItsHighNoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

my only 2 restore points are to undo the system restore i did 2 days ago and the other option is a system restore 2 days ago that was made after the windows "critical update". im beat in that regard.
i still have these problems...this is insane. can it be a CPU or GPU problem? if it was i would probably have a different set of problems no?

i guess all i can do is keep searching in the internet or hope someone can identify with my situation.

but thank you for your help i am very grateful.

edit: the update is back im going to try to permanently get rid of it.

Edited by ItsHighNoon, 18 March 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#4 ItsHighNoon

ItsHighNoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:11 PM

what does anyone recommend i do if i need to get rid of a recent window update without system restore? 

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

Looking in the system update, you can select and remove updates but I think you need to be able to identify which part of the update and its number to find it on the list and remove it. 

#6 ItsHighNoon

ItsHighNoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Looking in the system update, you can select and remove updates but I think you need to be able to identify which part of the update and its number to find it on the list and remove it. 

whenever i click on one of the updates it has an uninstall option...except the windows update that im having a problem with...i right click or click on it and it has no option for uninstall....kb4013418 is the number next to it.

#7 ItsHighNoon

ItsHighNoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

now my sound does not work at all. apparently this is an update that cant be removed from the information i gathered online...why is my computer getting progressively worse? is permanent damage going to be involved from this windows update...this has been going on for years with these updates that microsoft has been sneaking by users...changing the terms of service to they can modify and delete any file in our computer...

if anyone else has this problem. prob good to keep track of this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5zlk1z/march_14th_updates_screwed_my_computer/

Edited by ItsHighNoon, 20 March 2017 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users