Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

music leveler for USB flash drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Does anybody know of a music leveler that works on a flash drive? The ones I've found seem to work on the PC, they don't seem like they would help me with my car stereo. The music on my USB drive, in the car, goes up and down. I'm constantly adjusting the volume, :ranting:  I'd like to find something that would level the volume on all the songs so I won't have to keep turning my stereo volume up and down.

Thanks

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Would it not be simple enough to copy all music from the flash drive to hard drive...then level?  I don't bother with leveling but that's how I would do it, since all my music resides on my hard drive in a Music partition and I take excerpts and apply those to CD/mp3 players.

I keep the archived music on my hard drive.

Louis

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

After ripping to MP3 format, I have been using MP3Gain to volume level.  The changes it applies to MP3 files can be undone as they do not involve re-encoding of the music content in the file, just the addition of header information.

It can be used to process files on any media that allows the individual files to be rewritten.

That being said, what hamluis describes as far as storage is also precisely what I do.  All of my music ripping takes place initially on my PC and I immediately apply MP3Gain to all files I've just ripped before I move them to their permanent home in my music library.  This makes it very easy to grab random mixes of albums, songs, etc., out of my library on to any portable media of my choosing and having the knowledge that all material has been volume leveled such that I don't have to constantly be fiddling with the volume controls as the songs change.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

"Would it not be simple enough to copy all music from the flash drive to hard drive...then level?"

", what hamluis describes as far as storage is also precisely what I do."

Well Duh! I never thought of that! It's too easy and I always seem to try and find the hard way... Thanks, I'll give that a shot. :blush:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users