Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon iP4850 Printer problem.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobyboy

bobyboy

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

Canon iP4850 Printer - Printer will not print orange light comes on, 5 flashes then a space then 5 flashes etc.
Have tried all that the trouble shooter sugests, taken out the print head and cleaned that but still no joy,
any other suggestions please, greatfully received.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

This usually indicates a faulty print head.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

To follow on to John_C21's post, see this this support page for the iP4600 or this one for the iP4920.  As you can see they employed pretty much the same flash formats for the entire iP4XXX series of printers.

I love Canon printers and have used them almost exclusively for decades now.  That being said, if reseating the print head doesn't fix the issue and/or cleaning and reseating the print head doesn't, either, then my advice is to get another printer.

I have purchased replacement print heads for two Canon printers in the past and one worked just fine for a while before some other hardware failure occurred, and far too soon to have made the print head purchase cost effective [they're usually more expensive as a part than a printer as a whole], and one did not work at all, suggesting that the print head failure wasn't necessarily in the print head itself but "nearby" somewhere.

Given how cheap printers have become, and how expensive printer parts are (often more than new units) they've become "disposable."   As much as I hate the throw-away culture I just make sure to take a dead printer to Goodwill (or whoever may be available locally) for their computer recycling program and making sure that they know that it's not functional or suitable for resale (except for parts).

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users