Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tanph

tanph

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Today, Windows 10 somehow restarted to download a new update(not that I knew of it) while I was installing stuff(games) and once it rebooted, I've had this issue where my whole Windows desktop would stop working(not freeze but just stop working). The task bar doesn't respond to clicks although it does seem to highlight the icons, and all the start buttons just don't work. CTRL alt delete results in a black screen which is only exitiable via the esc button. Internet explorers are treated with a pure white screen and freezes. Oddly enough, While I have googled for solutions to this issue, which included the sfc /scannow which resulted in no abnormality, it read that I was using a 32bit version of Windows which I know isn't true because I run a 64bit Windows system to run games at full power. So I googled for more solutions on my phone, leading me here. Any ideas for a fix? Or is it something I missed even after scanning with norten and anti-malwarebytes? orz..... I ran out of steam trying to fix this but I'm just not good enough T-T Sorry but since my computer won't let me access my pictures/screen shot or data logs, I can't provide a soft ware description, but I'm personally using a prebuilt GT72S 6QD dominator G laptop from Msi for my hardware specs. I wish I could help more but I'm not really a good computer guy T-T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tanph

tanph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

Just to add on:None of my confirmation Windows appeared and button shortcuts worked too
Edit: today, I did download new software, but i do believe that the restart update was the cause, but just in case , I downloaded easyanticheat for for honor, Hitman (2016) and maybe, possibly a Norton update

Edited by tanph, 18 March 2017 - 05:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users