Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Edge does not save passwords after restart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:47 AM

I save website logon passwords in Edge which works fine except after a restart all passwords are lost. Is this normal? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

No, this is not normal. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 down to the bare metal of my PC and Edge still retained all of the passwords from my previous installation, so definitely Edge should retain all passwords after a simple restart.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

If you like you can reset Microsoft Edge default settings.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#4 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

Thanks. I just did a restart and passwords were saved. So, must be another event causing this. Perhaps updates? I will pay closer attention to see if I can associate an event with losing passwords.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users