Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to change the format of a picture

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 itsmemc

itsmemc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

:scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead: i need to send a picture and the format i have it in is not acceptable.  How can i change it?

Edited by Al1000, 18 March 2017 - 03:48 AM.
moved from Introductions to appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheDcoder

TheDcoder

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

Easiest way is to use an online converter like Cloud Convert :)

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

Open Photo up in Windows " Paint " , then select Save As ,,,,,Jpeg , Tiff , Bmp , or Other Format.

Jpeg should suffice for applications.

Still depends what the current Format is , and wether Paint recognizes it.

#4 btatom

btatom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

Depending on what type of computer you have (Mac or PC) will depend on how you can save the file as another format. On a Mac, you can open the file in preview and from their export it as a .jpeg. Right click on the file that you want to open and then select, "open in preview" from the menu. I am most familiar with this process. It's been a few years since I've used a PC so I the following might not be accurate but I think you can open the file in some form of preview that you can then export and save the file to the format that you need. Again, not too sure if that is correct. I see that some other members have talked about using online sites that will do this process for you. Look into those as well. Best of luck!

#5 lindawill95

lindawill95

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

To convert photos you can try a free online tool like BatchPhoto Espresso. It allows you to convert multiple photos at once and apply other edits like resize, crop, rotate or touch-up filters.

#6 Saham

Saham

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

if you are using photoshop try to 

File>Save as

and then chose the ext you like 

#7 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

The Original Poster hasnt responded , hopefully she had a solution from the responses supplied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users