Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to upgrade my pc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BoscoSyrup

BoscoSyrup

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

I understand that my graphics card is old, but if I upgrade that would i have to upgrade anything else? Or should i upgrade anything else that is getting old. Any recommendations would be very helpful and appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!!

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/vdI4I8VbcsEvdjy34hXFzSR

Edited by BoscoSyrup, 17 March 2017 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

What makes you think that you want to upgrade anything?

What is the system doing...that compels such a judgment?

Louis

#3 BoscoSyrup

BoscoSyrup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

What makes you think that you want to upgrade anything?

What is the system doing...that compels such a judgment?

Louis

I am running very low FPS on my games with all settings as low as possible. Also I would like to try streaming but right now my computer can barely run the games at an acceptable level

#4 clumpychicken

clumpychicken

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

If I were you, I'd get an SSD, (just like 128 or 256, nothing huge,) and upgrade your GPU. What's your budget? My fav card in terms of frames per dollar is the GTX 1050 ti, (though I haven't personally tried one, they seem like beasts for the price.) If you can stretch for more, maybe like an rx 470? I think though that your ram and cpu are both still super capable. 16 gbs of ram is nice, but rarely helps that much in my experience. Just my 2 cents :)

#5 BoscoSyrup

BoscoSyrup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

If I were you, I'd get an SSD, (just like 128 or 256, nothing huge,) and upgrade your GPU. What's your budget? My fav card in terms of frames per dollar is the GTX 1050 ti, (though I haven't personally tried one, they seem like beasts for the price.) If you can stretch for more, maybe like an rx 470? I think though that your ram and cpu are both still super capable. 16 gbs of ram is nice, but rarely helps that much in my experience. Just my 2 cents :)

probably looking for something around $300-400 total. Also would the 1050 or rx 470 require me to change anything else due to sockets or something like that?

Edited by BoscoSyrup, 18 March 2017 - 01:00 AM.

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

Power supply is what come with that Alienware?

Take a picture from inside case and post it here. Motherboard looks to be very small and PCI Express slot is placed on "interesting" location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users