Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MOCA Breaking Network, DNS Problems, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cupcakepugdog

cupcakepugdog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

hello good people, i would GREATLY appreciate some help with a networking issue:

I have Comcast Xfinity internet, and want to switch to my own equipment, but have been relying on the xfinity router/modem's built-in MOCA to get internet to my Tivo. I picked up 2 Actiontec ecb6200 adapters, hoping this would do the trick. (btw i am not using any other xfinity equipment, such as boxes, only my 1 tivo) 

my netgear cm500 modem works fine by itself, and so does my netgear r8000 router when i hook it up. but then when i hook up the MOCA adapter, it breaks the whole network. all wifi devices get kicked off, and get an error saying "cannot connect to this network" when trying to reconnect. on the ethernet connected pc, i get DNS errors on every site, and Windows network troubleshooting  gets "DNS server is not responding" errors. as soon as i unplug the MOCA adapter's power, it immediately starts working again...

i SERIOUSLY appreciate any help troubleshooting this, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

you connecting this adapter between the incoming cable and the router?

what Comcast equipment are you trying to replace? make and model?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users