Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no sound on speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CheeHongDuck

CheeHongDuck

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

how do i troubleshoot and find out the problem?

so far i tested my sound card- they worked fine, and my speakers can still work with other devices

it just doesn't play out sound from the computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

I mean no offense but it is surprising how often the simplest things can catch us out - have you checked that the speaker mute switch isn't on ?

After that, RIGHT click on the speaker symbol in the taskbar and select 'Playback devices' and make sure that your default audio system is active, ie the system your speakers are connected to. for example I use an ASUS sound card but there are two other audio systems on this computer and if I accidentally select one of them I get no audio.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 CheeHongDuck

CheeHongDuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

nope, the mute's off

am on the right system

just no sound

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2017 - 02:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users