Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The fake IRS scam

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Boat Doctur

Boat Doctur

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

Yep, there at it again with their calls about your tax mistake and how much you owe and how they will come and arrest you if you dont pay. call 844-574-3722  If you use a fake name , address and zip they somehow find your file .amazing.

They will address you by your real name and your real address from caller ID info so dont worry.

Had one going for atleast an hour before they got mad and started cursing at me. Saying the warrant will be issued if you hang up.

Have some fun and call ,a lot. If you want a quick cursing recording , call and ask for David Hernendez.

And if you do manage to recorde it or get any info from these clowns , send it to phishing@irs.gov

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

Yes, they are a continued nuisance...

Hang up immediately. Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their “IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting” web page. You can also call 800-366-4484.Feb 3, 2017

IRS Urges Public to Stay Alert for Scam Phone Calls

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Boat Doctur

Boat Doctur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

It`s still fun to drag them on and they sure can swear up a storm

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

I just posted that as some folks may not even be aware.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Another version of this is the phishing email which looks like it comes from your local tax authority - HMRC in the UK, IRS in the USA - saying you are due a refund, usually a fairly believable number and asking you to click a link to claim.

I cannot speak for the IRS but HMRC have publicly stated that they do not send people emails in these situations.

Whatever, do not click on links in emails like these !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#6 vercetti_

vercetti_

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

the calls for these fake irs guys were pretty hot these past couple of months at my home phone. very annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users