First I would like to apologize if I am posting in the wrong section of the forums but I looked and this seemed to be the best one. Anyway, here's the deal, I have a toshiba satellite S55t-C5222 laptop that I bought from costco in mn, it was the only one left, a display model and there is a password on the bios preventing me from replacing the HDD, changing the boot order, booting from a USB device, etc. and as I stated in the topic title, my HDD is failing and I need to replace it soon. the only chip on the mother board that I saw that could be the bios had the word/name Nuvoton on it if that helps. I am running windows 10 education edition. There is no CMOS battery or jumpers on the motherboard. The steps I have taken are as follows (though not in this particular order);
1. Re-flashed the bios with the same version
2. Powered the laptop off, removed battery, waited 2 hours and restarted
3. Attempted to use a CMOS setting erase utility.
4. Attempted to enter default/backdoor passwords
5. Contacted costco and asked for help
6. Contacted toshiba and asked for help (the only thing they offered was for me to ship my laptop to them to replace both the HDD and the motherboard for $400. Which I could do myself for much cheaper.)
I realize that this is a bit much to ask, though I would appreciate help as fast as possible, please, as this is the only working computer or laptop I have and I need it for daily use.
Thanks in advance,
Edited by Al1000, 20 March 2017 - 09:43 AM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion