Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Use An AMD64 Linux ISO With An Intel CPU

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,247 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

As a moderator I must ask is that video your work?

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

No. I'm a dude.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

In any case the amd 64 isos can be used on intel.

Its just labeled as AMD 64 to differentiate it from IA64 and is also labeled as x86-64 and x64

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#5 DodoIso

DodoIso

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

If only Linux was that simple...

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:11 AM

It is actually :D

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#7 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,015 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:28 AM

Like MadmanRB stated above, it is. :)

The more one runs their choice of Linux, the more one will learn & therefore the less one will boot into Windows (or whatever other OS installed). The main thing, is finding the Linux distro that's comfortable for the person to run, some may try a dozen or more to find the right one, as did myself. When one finds their distro, there'll be no question, it'll usually be love at first sight, as it was with me when I first tried Linux Mint at the suggestion of a king Moderator on a prominent Linux forum. :)

THat's the main things, finding the right distro & then using it. None are a 1:1 clone of Windows, I'll make that clear from the start. Yet these were never intended to be such, Linux OS's are their own brands, there's many apps that can be used for the same purpose as any other OS, in some cases, many more choices. 

Even after 8+ years of running Linux Mint, I'm going to state point blank, am not an expert at this at all, though do know how to install & maintain the OS, plus can learn whatever's needed when the situation arises, be it installing a new GPU or other piece of hardware, or learning to run virtual machines. My Linux journey has been a great one, wouldn't trade the experience for anything. :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users