Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about Dashlane

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Win7wiz

Win7wiz

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

I've recently moved from the LastPass password manager to Dashlane. The Dashlane forum is pretty much dead, and I can't find this issue in the DL wiki.   I would like to know if it's necessary to run the standalone program at the same time as the Firefox extension.  The icon for the extension  has a different interface, but has "open the app" as one of its choices.

Edited by hamluis, 17 March 2017 - 07:32 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

G'day Win7wiz, and Welcome to BC

I cant help much with your question, as I have no experience with Dashlane.,....but I do have to ask why you moved from LastPass ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Win7wiz

Win7wiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

The Vault is full of bugs, couldn't retain any changes, the newest version is full of bugs. LP was sold to LogMeIn some time ago, and now there are very few people running the forums.  The bugs just go on and on without repair. My complaint was shoved into another thread with dozens of the same complaint, and the thread was locked.

DL's forum is deserted except maybe once in 6 months, but I have yet to find a problem that needs anyone's attention. It's been smooth sailing. I have over 200 PW's , so I need efficiency.

I'm not a newbie here. My other name is StillXPPro, but I had to change it.

Edited by Win7wiz, 17 March 2017 - 12:00 AM.

#4 RenoGeek

RenoGeek

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

If the support for Dashlane is dead it's pretty much a sign your using the wrong password manager.

But I did find this about them and FF ...

https://csdashlane.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202699011-How-to-check-your-Dashlane-extension-in-Firefox

I am not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly. 

Have you backed up today? Did you backup your backup?

Virus Removal Guides

Computer Technician Checklist

Microsoft Safety & Security Center

#5 Win7wiz

Win7wiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

I've gone through their tutorials.  Support's not as dead as LP, just not brisk.  But it appears to have no bugs from the get-go. I'm using it on 3 browsers, so far without a hitch after 3 weeks.  I have to hope they don't "improve " it by updating. :oneeye:

https://getsatisfaction.com/dashlane/topics

I'll test out my Q in post #1 by turning one off. Duh.

Edited by Win7wiz, 17 March 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#6 Win7wiz

Win7wiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

OK, just got my answer. You have to run them together

Edited by Win7wiz, 17 March 2017 - 08:22 PM.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

I am somewhat surprised by your experience with LastPass.

I run it on 7 separate systems.

This comprises 3 browsers.

I have never bothered to count the number of passwords....but it certainly is in the hundreds.

I have no problems at all. Ever.

If things go pear shaped in any way with dashlane.....set up LastPass again from the start .......totally fresh.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 Win7wiz

Win7wiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

I am somewhat surprised by your experience with LastPass.

I run it on 7 separate systems.

This comprises 3 browsers.

I have never bothered to count the number of passwords....but it certainly is in the hundreds.

I have no problems at all. Ever.

If things go pear shaped in any way with dashlane.....set up LastPass again from the start .......totally fresh.

I've been using LP about 10 years, and you're implying that somehow I set it up wrong. Your experience with LP is not universal. Everyone has different systems, different browsers, different settings. Please check out the LP forums to see how many other folks have issues.

https://forums.lastpass.com/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=4a94128c799ea6f556f8a54512bb16b7

And if DL gets flaky, there's still Keepass.

Edited by Win7wiz, 18 March 2017 - 10:29 PM.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

lol....so I cant tempt you to go back to LastPass.../!?

I never imply ....i simply state facts /possibilities

If you dont like my suggestions...dont read them  :wink:

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 Win7wiz

Win7wiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

Your suggestions are fine, except they don't apply in this case.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users