Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Bluetooth Issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 justdon201

justdon201

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

I am running Win7 Pro on a dell Latitude E6410 with Bluetooth feature. The Bluetooth card is a Dell DW375 Bluetooth Module. I recently purchased the laptop used and decided to get a Bluetooth headset. I tried an IHip and a Vivitar. The Ihip was discovered, but would not pair. The Vivitar would not discover at all. I have installed the newest drivers from the Dell website. No problems in device manager. The Bluetooth light on the computer is lit and the Bluetooth icon is present in the task bar.

Can anybody give insight as to how to get the Bluetooth working? I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers a few times. Bluetooth is activated in the bios and has been set to make the laptop discoverable in the software. Dell diagnostics has been used with no issues found. Any help would keep me from pulling out the few remaining hairs I have.

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

What are specific headset models which you tried, please?

Louis

#3 justdon201

justdon201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

I don't recall the IHip model. The Vivitar was called,"Vivitar- Listen up". Both were inexpensive over the ear headphones. The IHip was about $24 and the Vivitar was $19. Not really high end but, still should work. I have noticed that whenever I attempt to pair the Vivitar, the devices shows a Bluetooth Peripheral entry. Can't do anything with it though. I can delete it and attempt another pair and it returns. I assume that the laptop is seeing something but doesn't know what it is. I have looked at support sites for both headphones. But nothing there to help.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,545 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Have you seen THIS?

Louis

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,822 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

From the specs the computer has bluetooth V2.1 + EDR which is supposed to be compatible with later versions. I am not sure if this is the problem but you may want to use a USB bluetooth dongle and see if it works.

#6 justdon201

justdon201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

ISSUE SOLVED!

Thank you for the responses. Thank you Hamluis for directing me to the video. Operating the headphone wasn't the problem though. But, I did continue to browse and found THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRfax4Ya1A.

My issue was in the Bluetooth Support Service listed in services.msc. Under the Logon tab, mine was set to use the local account. When I changed it to NT/local service and reset the password field (as described in the video) my headphone popped up in the devices and works fine.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,545 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

:thumbup2:, glad you were able to resolve it and thanks for getting back to us.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users