Running Windows 10 on an HP Omni220 PC. Problem occurs with multiple web browsers: Chrome, Mozilla, Explorer, Edge.
I cannot download, upload or save ANYTHING from the internet. I have tried multiple steps to try to resolve myself first, but after 3 weeks I am going crazy!
More details: I DO NOT receive any error messages. For example, I receive an attachment in my Gmail, I click the link to download and absolutely nothing happens. No error message, no loading, no indication of an attempt at downloading. OR I go to Google images and right click an image to "Save As" and nothing happens. I also have tried to save my own images from my personal website, nothing. I go to a website such as picmonkey.com, craigslist or Gmail, I click the link to upload an image or document, nothing happens.
A few weeks ago I had to relocate my computer. I properly shut it down. Once it was completely shut down, I unplugged, moved to another side of the room, plugged back in and turned on. I did notice it was "Updating" upon reboot. I did not pay much attention to it as I was rearranging my office while it was doing so. Later on I attempted to save an image from the internet and that's when the problem occurred.
I have tried the following with no resolve:
- performed a virus scan with Window Defender & a scan with Malwarebytes - nothing found
- temporarily turned off firewall
- booted in Safe Mode
- confirmed download folder is correct
- checked internet options and ensured "file download" enabled
- removed all personal files to a backup drive (which was not many as I just purchased this used computer 2 months ago and started from scratch)
- attempted to reset Windows 10 completely and start new, but tried 3 times and continued to get stuck on the blue screen with error message. I select Reset this PC" > Remove everything on C drive > "just remove my files" > then I wait for a while while it says "Resetting this pc __%" after it reaches 100% instead of installing Windows I get the error message "There was a problem resetting your PC."
I might've tried a couple more things but cannot recall at the moment. I have searched multiple forums and still cannot resolve.
Your help is much appreciated!
Edited by tashalynn, 17 March 2017 - 03:15 PM.