Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sometimes when I start my PC all that comes up is a WHITE screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

Sometimes (not every time) when I start my PC all that I see is a totally white screen--no curser-- no NOTHING At that point my only option (that I know of) is to hit the restart button. Then everything works okay.

My OS is Windows 10

I have looked online and found several places where people have posted info about this problem. However, I am reluctant to start messing with my PC--I don't want to make things worse.

Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 casperfox

casperfox

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

Hi! I'm casperfox and I'm going to try to help you today. So here is a very good tutorial that i used when i had this problem:

It is very detailed and should answer all your questions :)

If there is something you don't understand then please reply to this.

#3 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hi! I'm casperfox and I'm going to try to help you today. So here is a very good tutorial that i used when i had this problem:

Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been busy lately.  The video that you posted is one that I saw early but at that time it seemed a little confusing. However, I will give it another try as soon as I can--and then I will let you know how it works---To be honest the white screen problem has not occurred lately but I don't know why.

#4 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been busy lately.  The video that you posted is one that I saw early but at that time it seemed a little confusing. However, I will give it another try as soon as I can--and then I will let you know how it works---To be honest the white screen problem has not occurred lately but I don't know why.

Okay--I finally sat down & watched the video. FYI--I still have not seen the WSOD as yet. I followed the video & looked for the "RES" file & the "ICON" file that he mentioned in the video & I did not see it anywhere. Since I have not seen the WSOD for 13 days I assume that I should not have to go back to a earlier restore point--am I correct?

Also--at this point do I need to run "Hitman Pro" ??? I am running windows 10--64 bit

Please advise.

Edited by fred93, 29 March 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#5 casperfox

casperfox

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Okay--I finally sat down & watched the video. FYI--I still have not seen the WSOD as yet. I followed the video & looked for the "RES" file & the "ICON" file that he mentioned in the video & I did not see it anywhere. Since I have not seen the WSOD for 13 days I assume that I should not have to go back to a earlier restore point--am I correct?

Also--at this point do I need to run "Hitman Pro" ??? I am running windows 10--64 bit

Please advise.

Ok. I would say don't try the restore point because you might lose you work you have saved currently. So i would run and use different softwares like Hitman pro or maybe even a anti virus program like Avast or AVG. So try using those and then restart your computer and if you see it again please let me know.

#6 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Please advise.

Ok. I would say don't try the restore point because you might lose you work you have saved currently. So i would run and use different softwares like Hitman pro or maybe even a anti virus program like Avast or AVG. So try using those and then restart your computer and if you see it again please let me know.

Ok--I ran HitmanPro  (have Trend Micro so they have run several scans since March 16) neither have found any threats. I restarted my pc & I still don't see the WSOD at this time. So I guess everything is okay?  Just need to wait & see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users