Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Microsoft Excel is flashing/flickering

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigislandbruddah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:04 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 15z with Intel i5-3317u, 8GB RAm, Windows 10.

A number of weeks ago, Microsoft Excel 2010 started to "flash or flicker" repeatedly.  The pinned icons on the bottom taskbar would disappear and reappear.  While this is happening, I cannot do anything in Excel.  I cannot open click on any cells or any of the menu options (File, View, etc.) on the Excel top navbar.  It almost locks up my computer.  The only way to even close it is End the process from the Task Mgr.

This flash/flicker happens regardless of whether the spreadsheet has data or not.  In fact, the flashing starts immediately just by launching Excel with a new/blank spreadsheet.

I've ran both quick and advanced scan with eSet but it didn't find anything.  Same with Malwarebytes.  

I've deinstalled and reinstalled Excel 2010 but that didn't help.  The flicker persists.

I've scoured the web looking for possible solution(s) to my problem but I haven't found one yet that works.

Does this sound familiar and has anyone found a definitive cause and solution?  

Could this be a malware that is far hidden in my computer?

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users