Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Executables and Programs Not Responding After Attempting to Connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 biddybompbomp

biddybompbomp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Hi guys,

This is sort of a tricky problem to describe. I was not able to put in a search on the forums for a similar issue because I'm not 100% sure on how to describe it. This isn't for myself, but rather a friend whose computer may be potentially infected by malware.

The computer boots up normally, allowing them to login to windows and access the desktop. However, when attempting to use an internet browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer), the browser window appears blank as though the computer itself is not connected to the internet. Any attempts to access network connections or configurations causes the computer to stop responding. It's not necessarily frozen, where the cursor does not move, rather, attempts to click on any executable or program produces no result-- nothing happens. The only way to get the computer to stop doing this is to boot into safe mode with networking, in which it's possible to access the internet on any web browser.

Thus far, a MalwareBytes scan has been performed and the only thing that turned up were several PUPs. This was followed by Adwcleaner and Avast! browser cleaner. Nothing turns up with any further scanning. Yet, when attempting to use the computer normally out of safe mode, the problem still persists.

Please advise!

Thanks!

EDIT: If you are in need of any more information, just let me know and I'll do what I can to provide it. The operating system is Windows 10 and the computer is custom built.

Edited by biddybompbomp, 16 March 2017 - 02:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users